Video calls are mainstream today over voice calls. There are numerous applications like zoom whatsapp, google meet, and so on available in the market, which allows us to instantly make free video calls with our friends, family, and colleague.
Facetime is one of the most loved applications among Apple users and has a huge fan base. Facetime call is an excellent way to keep in touch with our friends and family. This application allows Apple users to make high-quality video calls all over the world. With just a good quality internet connection, you can make video calls to other Apple users instantly. Not just the video quality, this app has top-of-line end-to-end encryption, which makes users feel more secure and safe.
Sometimes we want to record these calls for personal and professional reasons. Tragically due to its highly secure feature, Facetime doesn’t allow recording video calls. But, there’s good news if you have a mac, you can still record facetime calls by using the screen recording feature. The second option is to use your iPhone and Ipad, but the catch is you can only record audio. So here we are sharing you with two different methods through which you can record the facetime calls.
Record Facetime Calls Using Mac
Mac is a great device to make Facetime Calls. When you have a big group conference or meeting, it’s good to use your mac book because it gives a big-screen view and doesn’t feel blocked. There are two different methods to record video calls for new and old mac. One is for users who have Mojave or Catalina versions, and the other is for the more seasoned version of mac. We will see both options bit by bit.
Record facetime calls on Mojave or Catalina.
Mojave or Catalina version comes with an inbuilt screen recording called screenshot tool. If it’s not too much trouble, please follow the steps below.
- In the first place, you have to open the screenshot tool by pressing Command + Shift+ 5 or looking at it in applications.
- Second, select the segment of the screen you want to record. Possibly you can capture your whole screen. If you choose the portion of your screen, make sure your facetime apps come in that frame.
- Click on the option and select the Built-in microphone option to record the audio too.
- When you set up all thing, start the recording and make a facetime call.
Don’t forget to stop the recording after ending the call.
Record Facetime on an Older variant of Mac
On the older version of mac, you can use a built-in application called QuickTime. Most of you are wondering QuickTime is a video audio player. But it’s not limited to that only you can record your screen with QuickTime.
- Open the quick time app by searching it in Applications.
- Select file and then select the new screen recording option.
- Click the downward arrow near the red recording button and select the built-in microphone option to record audio.
- Start the recording by clicking the red button and clicking anywhere on the screen.
- Open your Facetime, make a call.
- After ending the call, click that button again to stop the recording.
Record facetime video calls on iPhone and iPad.
You can record the Facetime calls on iPhone and iPad using the screen record feature, but it will only record the video, not audio. If you want the only video, you can use this feature.
- Swipe up to open the control center
- You will see a screen recording icon there. If you didn’t find it, you have to add it from settings>control center>customize controls and then tap the plus sign next to screen recording.
- Turn on the screen recording by tapping the icon. You will see a three-second countdown timer.
- Next, make a facetime call.
- After ending the call, stop the recording by tapping the red button.
Kindly take the authorization of the second person before recording any calls.
I trust this guide helps you in recording the Facetime calls. If you find this helpful, please leave valuable comments. If you have something better, please mention it in the comments.